Tuesday, July 15, 2008

changing habits


sometimes it frightens me how easy it can be for me to find a comfortable (though not normally desirable) place to be in my life, and how much difficulty i have finding motivation for change....however, two weeks ago i became motivated to change my comfortable but harmful habits.

for two weeks now, i have been starting my day with a walk, going out of the way to walk to the coffee shop, i walk a little over a half mile just to get my morning wake up.

i have started eating breakfast everyday....while i cant say eating at home is saving me any money at this point, i can say that when i eat breakfast, i am not as hungry in the evenings and the likelyhood of a 10 pm binge drops by about 60%

ie been doing yoga daily again, just 25 minutes, but find i am more centeres through the whole day for it

and finally, i have been using a site called the daily plate, and can see what it is i am eating....i realize that i eat way too much protien, but that i never seem to reach daily cholestoral requirements....go figure that

i like paying attention to myself in these ways, and am glad i found a little motivation for it...

1 comment:

HitThaFloor said...

I noticed your changed habits on Wednesday, but didn't want to say anything. Sometimes outside influence can alter that. On the same vein, I biked to work for the 2nd day in a row (of course, I have to pick the hottest days of the year, right??) Keep it up. Maybe we should walk again when the evenings cool down a bit.

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!