Saturday, November 12, 2005

targeting a self-indulgence

so this morning i got some very sad news. i found out that target superstores have a policy that allows pharmacists to refuse to fill birth control prescriptions. the consequence is that i will no longer be able to spend my saturday afternoons shopping for affordable home decorations and cheaper cat litter.

oh oh oh, my class is starting so i can't go into my tirade on how miserable it makes me when my integrity is at odds with my frivolous self-comforts - after all, i am all ready off to a bad start to this class having been late the first day and forgett ing to take me name tag with me despite explicit instructions to take it and be sure to bring it bask

Song of the day: "as is" by ani difranco

4 comments:

Jeff Hess said...

Shalom Molly,

Ah the travails of we who think.

B'shalom,

Jeff

George Nemeth said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Molly.

Colette said...

Molly,

I am so very glad you are blogging.

I agree with Jeff - it's hard when you have a soul and a conscience....

*sigh*

So I guess I can't shop at Target now either (or WallMart for that matter - geez where the heck am I going to shop for cheap stuff?) But I am glad Mr. Hess got your blood boiling instead of mine...small blessings still count.

*wink*

*big hugs* stay in touch woman!

Anonymous said...

This I did not know. I will miss our stolls through the aisles as we shop for nonsense. A bonding treat no more.

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!