Friday, July 06, 2007

a daily affirmation



a friend of mine passed this on to me, and thought others may find it worth taking in....enjoy

From: Tian Dayton's Daily Affirmations [mailto:tian-affirmations-return-@tiandayton.webbie.net]

"A Full Human Being"
I am willing to pay the price of personal and spiritual growth.
Confronting the situations both within and outside that frighten me is
not easy-it can feel terrifying, sometimes almost life-threatening. But
today, rather than bemoan my fate, I will reach deep down into myself
and look for something good. I will be sustained not only by courage but
by a sort of goodness, a trust in life, a willingness to think that if I
stay with it long enough and well enough, things will work out. I could
give up on living fully, but I feel that if I did, I would regret it.
Trouble and suffering are a part of the human condition. Once I accept
that I am in a position to look for my rewards where they are most
likely to be found-not in the world but in my relationship to it - I can
move closer to spiritual living.

I have a loving relationship with living.

Teach me, like you, to drink creation whole And, casting out, my self,
become a soul.
Richard Wilbur


Song of the day: all you need is love- the beatles

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!