Sunday, September 16, 2007

we all shoulder our share of the responsibility



understand, i know choices often can be difficult to make, but there is truth in that as long as there are men willing to fight, and as long as there are mothers willing to give their children to the military, and as long as people have energy for shopping and doing coffee and driving to the beach, but not the energy for protesting in the streets (and i include myself in this statement and am looking at my own choices), well then, there will be war with no end and no meaning

Song of the day:universal soldier- buffy saint marie

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have goosebumps all over my body from listening to this....

Anonymous said...

Different year, different war, same issues. Whether we agree or disagree, we have to be moved.

molly said...

yeah, that was kind of my response too, kirsti, though i had to give using this song some serious thought....you know, the whole 'love the soldiers, hate the war' thing

but soldiers are people with minds, and many disagree with iraq...and a few have had the integrity to speak their mind even, so i decided that i can hold all of us, even the soldier, reponsible for our [presence in iraq

molly said...

hey mum....i actually found your old "war is not healthy for children and other living things" pendant in a drawer the other day, and it really increased my feelings of disgust st this war....as many children are being hurt by the conflict in iraq....

thank you for teaching me about integrity and empathy

Anonymous said...

I think it is time to start wearing it again. I was "Another Mother for Peace" long before I was a mother and I would be proud if you wore the pendant now.

Oh, and your welcome :-)

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!