Wednesday, January 31, 2007

into the woods


i start another gestalt weekend tomorrow (yes, this one came up real quick) and i will be going in full of wonderment and curiosity.... starting the day off by listening to "into the woods" because that is what this journey feels like, entering into the deep dark forest, finding glades and dells and clearings, but always back into the trees, the darkness, in and out, trying to build the courage to face myself (since i feel very little despair at this point in my life, and i have heard only courage or despair can lead to true change...not that i know i agree with that, but we’ll see)...

anyhow, listening to "into the woods" by sondheim/lapine, i find poetry in the lyrics and want to post some

i know things know- lapine

Mother said, 'straight ahead,
Not to delay, or be mislead.'
….I should have heeded her advice,
But he seemed so nice.

And he showed me things, many beautiful things,
That I hadn't thought to explore.
They were off my path, so I never had dared.
I had been so careful, I never had cared.
And he made me feel excited..
Well, excited and scared.

When he said, 'Come in,' with that sickening grin,
How could I know what was in store?
Once his teeth were bared, though, I really got scared.
Well, excited and scared..
But he drew me close, and he swallowed me down,
Down a dark, slimy path, where lie secrets that I never want to know,
And when everything familiar seemed to disappear forever,
At the end of the path, was Granny once again,
So we wait in the dark, until someone sets us free,
And we're brought into the light,
And we're back at the start..

And I know things now, many valuable things
That I hadn't known before.
Do not put your faith in a cape and a hood.
They will not protect you the way that they should.
And take extra care with strangers, even flowers have their dangers,
And though scary is exciting,
Nice is different than good.

Now I know, don't be scared. Granny is right, just be prepared….
Isn't it nice to know a lot?
..And a little bit.. not.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Responding to this without reading it is really tough, but I will honor your wishes...man this is going to be a hard one! But I'll manage, after all, this is about you, not me :-)

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!