Friday, September 29, 2006

a response to my previous post

i have now set up comment moderation on my blog. this means that all comments will need to be approved by me before they appear on the screen.

i have done this because one reader "buttersnatch" wrote me a lengthy comment that used obsenities and also personally attacked me.

it is my intention to have open, appropriate discourse on this site, and i in no way mean to sensor people's opinions, but i will not allow inappropriate language or personal attacks.

if anyone ever notices either of these things in my posts, please feel free to let me know so i can correct it (as even i mess up and say things that i am not happy having said later, and can miss that i ever said at all)

as for "buttersnatch", he is welcome to rewrite his post without swearing or calling me names and i would be happy to allow the comment...though i think even his name is probably an offensive way of refering to a vagina...

in case he chooses not to, i want people to know that this reader strongly disagreed with my opinion, feels the congress made an acceptable choice in passing the new torture laws, and seems to believe in the war in iraq

what i would say back to his mentioning points like the beheadings, would be that WE ARE NOT A TERRORIST ORGINIZATION, WE ARE A SOVEREIGN NATION, AND UP TO THIS POINT HAD LEGAL PROTECTION UNDER THE GENEVA CONVENTION FOR OUR SOLDIERS AND WE NOW HAVE NO RIGHT TO PROSECUTE ANYONE ELSE FOR CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, AS WE LEGALIZED TORTURE AS A REASONABLE METHOD OF GATHERING INFORMATION AS WELL COERCION, and yes, i believe this puts our soldiers even more at risk.

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!