Tuesday, October 03, 2006

on listening


there are times where i am definitly not the best listener. just ask my friend jeff hess, he'll tell you there are times that i will talk right through other people,meaning him, but jeff is a very thoughtful responder and i often think he is not going to answer me it takes him so long to consider his response... which is exactly the opposite of me.

me, i feel a need to immediately respond often, and so there are plenty of times that i get defensive, or totally go flat and show no reaction- look pretty thoughtless, as a way of buying time for me to decide what i really want to say instead of just saying "let me think about that...".

i think jeffs way is better....

Song of the day: it had to be you- frank sinatra

No comments:

Locations of visitors to this page
adopt your own virtual pet!